Buying a Home
For over 65 years, CMHC has helped millions of Canadians meet their housing needs. CMHC provides mortgage loan insurance that enables you to buy a home sooner with a minimum down payment of 5%. And CMHC is there with you every step of the way — with information before, during and after your home purchase.
Everything you need to open new doors.
IN THIS SECTION:
- Homebuying Step by Step
Buying a home is one of the biggest financial and lifestyle decisions you will make, this guide will help you make an informed decision.
- Government of Canada Homeownership Incentives
Canada’s Economic Action Plan introduces measures that provide you with additional benefits to help you realize your dream of homeownership.
Related CMHC Information
- Housing For Newcomers
- Getting Your House Ready To Sell
- Energy-Efficient Housing Made More Affordable with Mortgage Loan Insurance
- Guide to Co-operative Housing
- Settling in Canada
- Comparing Neighbourhoods for Sustainable Features
- The Newcomer's Guide to Canadian Housing
- Canadian Housing Observer
- Housing Market Information: Forecast and Analysis
- Your Next Move: Choosing a Neighbourhood with Sustainable Features
- Condominium Buyer’s Guide
- Homeowner’s Manual
- Mortgages 101: Buying Your First Home — Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC)
- Investing in a Home: Programs Available to Help You — Canada Revenue Agency
- Hiring a Professional Contractor — Get it in Writing!